Forecourt Installation Services Limited are able to:
- Conduct a detailed technical risk assessment of all operations and procedures involving potentially dangerous substances.
- Advise on actions to reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Carry out a hazardous area survey and classification.
- Examine hazardous areas to ensure that correctly rated electrical and mechanical equipment is being used (ATEX rated).
- Implement arrangements to deal with accidents and emergencies.
- Provide information, instruction and training on DSEAR to all employees.
- Identify dangerous substance storage and processing areas.
- Introduce measures to protect against explosions.
In addition to the requirements under the Management of Health and Safety at
Work Regulations (the Management Regulations), where flammable
liquids are intentionally present in the workplace, there is a specific requirement
under regulation 5 of DSEAR for you to identify the potential risks such activity may
pose to your employees and others whose health and safety may be affected, and
to determine the measures to be taken to eliminate or reduce these risks so far as
A risk assessment should be carried out regardless of the quantity of flammable
liquid present at the workplace, as it will enable you to decide whether existing
measures are sufficient or whether any additional controls or precautions are
necessary. As well as assessing the normal activities within the workplace, you will
also need to assess non-routine activities, such as maintenance work, where there
is often a higher potential for fire and explosion incidents to occur. If there is no risk
to safety from fires and explosions, or the risk is trivial, no further action is needed.
If there are risks, then you must consider what you need to do to comply fully with
the requirements of DSEAR
FORECOURT INSTALLATION SERVICES LTD